I have experienced profound change through psychotherapy in my own life. So I know something about how tough and how helpful therapy can be.
People ask if I'm a Christian counselor. I am a Christian, educated and ordained to pastoral ministry, with further training in pastoral counseling preparing me as a psychotherapist and marriage/relationship therapist. I respect each person's unique sacred journey, even as I would want respect for my own path.
I'm a listener by nature. In my thirty-plus years as a therapist my patients have taught me much about caring well, and I'm grateful to them for that gift.
- Bachelor of Science, Summa Cum Laude, Texas Christian University.
- Master of Divinity, The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Louisville, Kentucky.
- Clinical Pastoral Education Residency, Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Pastoral Counseling Residency, Baptist Medical Centers, Birmingham, Alabama.
License & Certification:
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) in the state of Texas. (License #3988)
- Certified as a Fellow of the American Association of Pastoral Counselors until AAPC's merger with the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education in 2019, at which time I received the designation of ACPE Psychotherapist.
- Association for Clinical Pastoral Education.
- Amarillo Area Association of Mental Health Professionals
- The Oklahoma Society for Psychoanalytic Studies.
- Disciples Chaplains Association
Ordained minister with standing in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).